Overview and Motivation
Virtual Labs Team organizes workshops and hands-on practice sessions on
Virtual Labs for interested Science & Engineering Institutions. Training sessions would be conducted for faculty members and students of interested institutes upon expression of their interest in Virtual Labs workshop.
The labs are available at all times and is dependent on a good internet link. Any of the 1700+ odd experiments could be performed at all times providing a good opportunity for continuous usage.
Workshops could be requested by faculty members or college management of the interested Science & Engineering Institutions.
- The institute should be a Central/State University or institute/college
approved by AICTE/UGC.
- The institute must have an auditorium/lab with a seating capacity of at least
100 and a designated/common lab space having 35 PCs or more.
- In the event that the Internet operates behind a firewall, the specific
communication ports 3306, 5900, 5902, and 8700 would need to be opened to
facilitate Virtual Labs network traffic.
- Java must be downloadable through the Internet and Gmail should be accessible.
System configuration (Recommended)
- Browser: Firefox, Chrome
- Plugins: Flash, Java 1.6 version, and IcedTea
- No pop-up blockers
- Internet connection (1 Mbps) and a multimedia projector
Request for Workshops
Follow the steps below to have a workshop conducted at your college :
- On confirmation from the Virtual Labs team on
the workshop date (as filled in the Expression of
Interest) , you would need to download a
You would then
need to mail the duly fill/scanned form
- Fill the
Expression of Interest form.
- Virtual Labs Outreach Team would contact you in
5-10 working days. Further communications would happen
- On confirmation from the Virtual Labs team on the
workshop date (as filled in the
Expression of Interest) .
- On receipt of the above form, Virtual Labs
Outreach Team would conduct the workshop on the